Second in 2014 Excellence in Leadership Business Series
The Medaille College Leadership Management Council (LMC) will hold its second session of the 2014 Excellence in Leadership Series, Leadership Visioning on May 15. The seminar will be held at the Medaille College School of Adult and Graduate Education, 30 Wilson Road, Amherst. Registration and networking begin at 7:30 with the program to follow, 8:00 – 9:30 a.m.
This presentation will provide insight into shared characteristics among practitioners as to the definition of what vision is. Several concepts will be explored, such as:
- Vision is about the future
- Vision induces people to act toward a common goal
- Vision provides a sense of direction
- Vision is important for strategy and planning.
Registration is required and attendees are encouraged to register early, as space is limited. Attendees can register at https://www.medaille.edu/LMC or call (716) 880-2207 for further information.
The LMC Seminars are part of an on-going free series designed for those interested in gaining more knowledge on effective business techniques and strategies. Each Seminar aims to provide continuing education and enhancement of core competencies for organizational leadership, including:
- Keys to successful coaching
- A better understanding of the advantages of coaching
- Introduced to the P.I.E Model (Performance, Image, Exposure)
- Uncover techniques that “DRIVE” employee career developme
The remainder of the 2014 schedule is as follows:
- Thursday, September 18: Leadership Communication
- Thursday, November 13: High Performing Organizations
The Leadership Management Council was developed by a group of Medaille alumni and faculty who wanted to show their support for the college that helped them advance their careers through education.
Medaille College School of Adult and Graduate Education (SAGE) designs programs for working adults. SAGE offers in-demand and career enhancing undergraduate and graduate degrees to allow working professionals to complete their degree and enhance their career while still working and balancing life’s other commitments.