Medaille Pride Awards Social and Hall of Fame Induction Honors Alumni and Others on College Colors Day
Alumni, students, faculty, staff, honorees and guests gathered at the second annual Medaille Pride Awards Social on September 5. The ceremony, which was held on College Colors Day at Medaille, also included the induction of the inaugural class of athletes into Medaille’s newly formed Athletic Hall of Fame. The proceedings served to recognize distinguished alumni, as well as those who go above and beyond to make significant contributions to the Medaille community.
Department of Education Associate Professor Dr. Jeff Faunce served as the evening’s emcee. Awards were then presented by Medaille College President Dr. Kenneth Macur, College Colors Day Committee Co-chairs Laura Horton ’06, ’11 and Tricia Jetty ’13, Director of Alumni Engagement Nick Koziol, and Executive Vice President of the Alumni Association Board of Directors Bryan Krempa ’00, ’06.
The following award recipients were honored:
- The Distinguished Alumni Award: Cindi McEachon ’10
- The Influential Young Alumni Award: Joshua Jacobs ’12
- Outstanding Volunteer Award: Mary Beth Parrinello ’81
- Outstanding Mentor of the Year Award: Dr. Keith Klostermann
- Honorary Alumni Award: Paul Hoffman
- Medaille Pride Faculty Award: Lisa Marsherall (full-time faculty recipient) and Lindsey Rickard ’12 (adjunct faculty recipient)
- Medaille Pride Student Award: Caitlyn Cornish (undergraduate student recipient) and Samuel Bloomberg ’17, ’18 (graduate student recipient)
- Medaille Pride Kathy Lazar ’72 Staff Award: the late Vicki Ward
The following Mavericks were inducted into the Athletic Hall of Fame:
- The late Kevin I. Sullivan (former Medaille president)
- Andrea Belis ’02 (volleyball, basketball, softball and lacrosse)
- Adam Baker (softball and basketball)
- Gary Boughton, II ’09 (soccer)
- Brandon Lumadue ’11 (baseball)
The Medaille community sincerely thanks the sponsors and partners who made all College Colors Day festivities possible.
Photos by Nancy J. Parisi.
- : Medaille College Office of Communications
Posted by: Medaille College Office of Communications