All Medaille students are invited to participate in a Take Back the Night TikTok Video Competition!
Take Back the Night is an international event and non-profit organization with the mission of ending sexual, relationship and domestic violence in all forms. Medaille College participates annually, and is hosting a virtual Take Back the Night event on Tuesday, April 27 at 6 p.m.
To participate in the TikTok video contest, you must create a short video to educate others on how to use and communicate with the international hand sign for “I need help.” The objective is to raise awareness on how the signal can help stop violence. Submitted videos will be assessed by a judging panel of students, faculty and staff from the Medaille community. The three areas that will be assessed are creativity, educational effectiveness and message impact. Then, on Monday, April 26, all Medaille students, faculty and staff will have an opportunity to impact the final score by voting for their favorite video. (Look out for a voting email sent that day!)
• View video about the hand sign to familiarize yourself
• All videos must be posted on TikTok and submitted using this Google Form by Wednesday, April, 21 at 11:59 p.m.
• Video length must be between 30 and 60 seconds
• Participants can submit more than one video
• Participants can submit a video as an individual or as a group entry
• Video must be posted on TikTok using the hashtag #MavericksMakingMoves
o You are also encouraged to post the video on other forms of social media to help raise awareness for the cause!
• Video must include the provided Medaille Take Back The Night End Frame (Download Here)
• Video must be appropriate in content, or it will be disqualified
Challenge A Group: A department, club, office, residence hall floor, etc. can challenge another group:
o The two groups will privately agree on a prize between each other
o The Group Challenge videos will be judged using the same competition rubric by the same judging panel to determine which of the two groups will win the challenge
• First Place: All around award = sweatshirt and $100 gift card
• Second Place: Most educational video = T-shirt and $25 gift card
• Third Place: Most Creative video = T-shirt
• Group Challenge Category = Bragging rights, plus whatever award the teams privately agree upon
Competition and group challenge winners will be announced at the Take Back the Night virtual event on Tuesday, April 27, and the top three videos will be shown during the event!
Any questions should be directed to Lisa Kragbé at Lisa.M.Kragbe@Medaille.edu.
- : Lisa Kragbe
Posted by: Lisa Kragbe