Please join us for the Academic Coaching training on May 23 and May 24. This opportunity is made possible through the Oishei funding.
Become a certified Academic Coach! Participate in our two day, on-site Academic Coach training presented by the National Tutor Association.
Day 1 – Basic Level Academic Coaching:
- Role of the Academic Coach
- Principles of Academic Coaching
- Models of Academic Coaching
- The First Meeting
- Creating a Coaching Plan
- Setting Goals
- Ethics in Academic Coaching
- Brain-Based Learning
- Learning Preferences v. Learning Style
Day 2 – Advanced Level Academic Coaching:
- Critical Thinking
- Conflict Resolution
- Importance of Emotional Intelligence
- Understanding Meta-cognition
- Cultural Intelligence
- Academic Intervention
- Confidentiality and Student Protection Laws
- Creating Your Philosophy as an Academic Coach
- STEM Disciplines
- Multi-disciplinary Coaching
As part of the training you will receive training materials, a one year membership to the National Tutor Association, and after completion you will receive a two year Academic Coaching certification.
When: Monday, May 23 & Tuesday, May 24
8:30am – 4:30pm
Continental breakfast and lunch will be provided.
Please rsvp to Leona Soule at Las459@medaille.edu no later than Wednesday, May 11th.
- : Medaille College
Posted by: Medaille College