Alumni, faculty, staff, nominees and guests gathered at the inaugural #MedaillePride Awards Social on September 13. This event, which was held on Medaille’s second annual celebration of College Colors Day, served to recognize distinguished alumni, as well as those who go above and beyond to make significant contributions to the Medaille community.
Department of Education Associate Professor Dr. Jeff Faunce served as the evening’s emcee. Reverend Paul Emery ’90 recited a blessing. Awards were then presented by Medaille College President Dr. Kenneth Macur, College Colors Day Committee chair and Director of Alumni Engagement Nick Koziol, and Alumni Association President Richard Schneider ’10, ’12.
The following award recipients were honored:
- The Distinguished Alumni Award: Marge Kafka ’90
- The Distinguished Young Alumni Award: Laura (Comstock) Horton ’06, ’11
- Outstanding Volunteer Award: Paul Dueringer ’04
- Honorary Alumni Award: Robert Nesslin
- Medaille Pride Faculty Award: Dr. Jeffrey Faunce
- Medaille Pride Student Award: Brandon Leone ’19
- Medaille Pride Kathy Lazar Staff Award: Kathy (Panaro) Lazar ’72
During the ceremony, the Medaille Pride Staff Award was henceforth named in perpetuity after Kathy Lazar ’72, an alumna and staff member who lived and embodied the Medaille spirit for nearly 50 years.
View photos from the first annual #MedaillePride Awards Social in the event’s Flickr album.
The Medaille community sincerely thanks the sponsors and partners who made all College Colors Day festivities possible.
- : Medaille College Office of Communications
Posted by: Medaille College Office of Communications